Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Abusing Christmas card sites...

So I needed tags for the salve so that everyone knows what is it in and can't call me in three weeks with a rash asking "IF THERE IS ANY EUCALYPTUS LEAF IN THAT STUFF???"

Then my first efforts were not successful (even though I believe I possess fairly legit Windows paint skills) and I resorted to abusing a totally awesome free card site to make these labels.  I was pretty impressed with how simple they have made it was to add photos, alter sizes and colors, and choose fonts.

I emailed it to myself and received the great high quality image immediately.  It comes embedded in an email!  ¡Que fácilYou can send these things right to a smartphone n' shizz!  I saved them as flat .jpg files, then used a label program in Microsoft to print the right size on my paper.

I am going to use this site all the time for jam/pickle labels, snail-mailed party invitations, and I will probably use the website's online services to send save the date notes and personalized invitations for the fermentation festival that I was recently hired to produce this year in Sonoma County.  Smooth plug, eh?  Ah, I await the day when I have readers to chastise me!

Folks, she loves it.
Salve-ation!
"I'm supposed to be a Christmas Card!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for the tags! A simple way to get quality is always welcome.

    ReplyDelete