Tuesday, December 28, 2010

bubbles ahead...

So!  I want to post quickly this morning before my week gets going too quickly.  We had some fairly stress-filled holiday-related hoo-ha last week, and this week isn't shaping up to be any less busy, so I am going to cross my fingers that it doesn't end up just as stressful. 

I am jazzed about a New Yorker article that was recently published about one of the gurus of the fermented foods movement.  He is the author of one of my favorite books on fermenting recipes and histories.  I believe that he is a huge player in these scary times of nutritional genocide!  That may sound dramatic, but when high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated soybean oil are part of our country's food triangle... you've got to have a little bit of concern.

There is a fairly good chance of us getting Sandor Katz to come to the Freestone Fermentation Festival this year.  I believe that this year, our tiny little festival may get a bit more press than it has in the past.  If anyone is interested in this exciting movement, be sure to check out this podcast on the topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment